Before you can access data from users using Dynamics 365 Business Central for their accounting, you need to set up a Dynamics 365 Business Central integration in the Railz Dashboard™. You'll need to:
Register a new application on Dynamics 365 Business Central developer portal.
Add your secure keys to Railz.
Register your Application
1. Visit the Azure Portal and sign in or create an account.
2. Once logged in, select Azure Active Directory from the left sidebar navigation or in-page menu. If you can't see this entry on the home page or menu, click All Services and then select Azure Active Directory.
3. From the left sidebar navigation or in-page menu, select App Registrations.
4. Enter your app details.
5. The application Name is displayed to your users when connecting, so should have your company or application name.
6. Under Redirect URI, select Web and then enter "https://auth.railz.ai/dynamicsBusinessCentral"
7. Click Register. Once the app is created you will be redirected automatically to the Applications page where you will your Client ID. You'll need these for the next stage of the process.
8. Click Add a certificate or secret.
9. In the Add a client secret dialogue box. enter a short Description for your client secret to make it easier to find. Under Expires, select the most appropriate option that complies with your company's security policy.
10. Click Add. Your client secret is generated and displayed at the bottom of the page. The Secret Value won't be displayed again in full so copy it and store it somewhere safe. You'll need these for the next stage of the process.
11. As a final step, you will need to update the access permissions for your application, which control the data that your app can access in Dynamics 365 Business Central. In the left sidebar navigation menu, go to API permissions, then click + Add a permission.
In the Request API permissions menu, select Select “Dynamics 365 Business Central”.
Click Delegated permissions, then choose both user_impersonation and Financials.ReadWrite.All
Click Add permissions, then above the listed permissions, click Grant admin consent, and click Yes to confirm your change. Note that this option may not be available for all subscription types.
Add your Secure Keys to Railz
1. Open the Railz Dashboard™ and log in.
2. In the left sidebar navigation menu, go to Integrations > Accounting.
3. Scroll down to the MS Dynamics 365 Business Central integration and click Configure.
4. Paste in your Client ID and Client Secret from the above steps, and then click Save & Enable.